My son is going into first grade this year. He will be attending a new school which will require me to pack him a lunch. Every. Day. So I am looking for recipes for items I can make a head and keep either in the fridge or freezer and add to his lunch. These Flourless Yum Muffins freeze well and I can pull one or two from the freezer and they are ready to eat by my son’s lunch time.
I found this pin for Flourless Blender Muffins. I made these muffins and they were awesome! But my 5 year old did not like the peanut butter taste. So I made some adjustments and these are so yummy; And they are the only way I will eat beans. You seriously can not taste the beans. We are picky, really picky, so if we like them, they are good!
Flouerless Yum Muffins!
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 medium (1/2 cup) mashed over-ripe banana (120g)
- 1 can white beans (any white beans. I have usesd Northern White benas and chickpeas)
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 1/4 honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- open and drain the can of beans. Rinse them and pat them dry. (This step takes the beany taste away)
- Add everything to the food processor and pulse to blend.
- scrape down the sides of the food processor and pulse again
- scoop into muffin cups or a lined muffin tin. Remember that these will not rise because of not having flour. So you can fill them to the top! Because you are filling the muffin tin to the top you wont yield as many muffins.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes. They will be slightly underdone, but will be so yummy after they have cooled.
- I separated mine into pairs and froze them wrapped in cling wrap and sealed in a ziptop bag.