Our local schools are moving to a more balanced calendar, which means the kids went back to school quite early this year and will have two weeks off in October. Many moms have asked me to compile a list of ideas to bust boredom on those two weeks in the fall.
Fun with kids Fall Edition – Bust Boredom Over Fall Break
1. Currently we live in Southern Indiana, about 20 minutes from beautiful Brown County. Hiking on a day that the air is crisp, the leaves are turning would be a wonderful boredom buster. You could pack a picnic and hit Brown County State Park. (or any park in your area!)
2. Check out local Harvest festivals. In September and October Harvest festival begin to pop up all over. They offer free entertainment, flea markets and a chance to get out of the house on sunny days.
3. Plan a day to go apple picking and then have an apple night. You then can make different apple dishes together and enjoy eating them.
4. Decorate pumpkins. Carving, painting or for the littles use stickers! Display them on your porch.
6. Make a scarecrow to sit by the pumpkins that you carved earlier in the week. Use old clothes, or go to a second had store and purchase some. Rake the leaves and stuff the clothes. Tie off the ends of the pants and shirt with twine. Use a pumpkin as the head and prop him up with a 2×4.
What fall activity do you like to do to bust boredom over the break from school?